Tag: executive jobs (page 2 of 4)
Corporate expansions and plans for hiring across the U.S. in multiple industries right now including consumer goods, retail, healthcare and finance. Get the details here: http://leads.careercloud.com/
Learn how to tap into the hidden job market and secure multiple high quality interviews here: http://maryelizabethbradford.com/cpss_hidden_job_market.html
Here are a few highlights:
- BLS says hiring is much stronger this quarter than predicted by economists = up 75k jobs for this quarter.
- June 2016 was strong, with nearly 300,000 new jobs added.
- Professional and business services saw the greatest job growth; the industry as a whole has added more than half a million jobs over the last year.
- Health care, financial activities, leisure and hospitality also saw growth, as did government employment.
The full report is here: http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.nr0.htm
The U.S. wind energy industry is the fastest-growing new source of electricity in the country and is anticipated by BLS to grow 108% in the next 8 years. Wow.
Read more here: Turbine industry aims to keep tailwind blowing
Fantastic article from Harvard Business Review. I always tell my clients to increase double their play time & get their executive transition search activities down to 2 hours a week. At first they think I am crazy but it works so well! This article explains why. Read more here
Wow was I glad to stumble upon this little gem of an article! Lots of very interesting insight on Global MNC’s and cultural variances associated with CXO interviewing/hiring around the globe.
This is a great read. http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/jobs/how-large-corporations-go-about-picking-cxo-level-honchos/articleshow/52811063.cms
Great article in Harvard Business Review titled:
How to Fake It When You’re Not Feeling Confident
My favorite takeaways from this (I do these myself!) very insightful little piece:
- Emulate what your mentors/those you admire do
- Baby steps: smaller pieces
- Don’t beat yourself up for not being ready – just move forward.
This is a fascinating article. Here are a few takeaways:
- Needing a wider set of diverse competencies and backgrounds, coupled by more independent boards bringing in their own set of diverse networks and experiences, CEO’s being brought in from the outside has surged in the last several years.
- CEO Turnovers at the top 2,500 largest companies are up 16%. Industries with the highest turnover are Telecom, Energy and Materials. Most are planned (78%), some are forced and some due to M&A’s.
- Utility companies are the #1 industry most likely to hire outside CEO’s from another industry.
- Bringing in outside CEO’s is a succession planning trend that is predicated to continue – though the majority of CEO spots will still continue to be filled internally.
LOTS of gems in this in-depth article – which you can read in full here.
Big moves and senior level / global appointments at Goldman Sachs, UBS, Nasdaq and German financial technologies investor group, Deutsche Börse…to name a few.
Details here: http://www.efinancialnews.com/story/2015-12-25/financial-news-careers-25-12-2015
As I read this article in FORTUNE, I resonated with each point. These are definitely traits I see in most leaders and those I share in most coaching sessions. Sticking to facts and data is a big one – and directly translates to creating a powerful resume. Read the article here.