This is a MUST READ for all C-level leaders. It resonated with me deeply, because I learned a long time ago that the foundation of all interviews is the opportunity to engender trust in a small window of time. Read the full article, “Why Jonathan Thurston is One of the Most Trusted Leaders,” by personal branding coach, Jane Anderson.
I was just reading a fabulous blog post at Hello My Name Is Scott titled 25 questions to invite someone to talk about what they love.
All I can say is wow!
Attention all professionals whose #1 question is “I don’t know what I want to do when I grow up” – this blog post is for you!
Its written for those networking or working to bolster client relationships – BUT, this is a beautiful tapestry of questions…I think it’s completely applicable for people wanting to clarify what they really love to do.
Personally I am going to print out this list, venture outside to find someplace pretty and inspiring and answer these questions myself. What a great tool! Here are the 25:
1. If you could do just one thing all day long and get paid well for doing it, what would you do?
2. If you could only give one speech, for one hour, for one million people, what ONE WORD would that speech be about?
3. If you could only have one section of the bookstore to visit, which section would it be?
4. If you could only subscribe to ONE publication for the rest of your life, what would it be?
5. If you could only work 2 days a week, what would you do?
6. If you could only work 2 hours a week, what would you do?
7. If you could take a sabbatical for one year, where would you go and what would you do?
8. If you didn’t have to work, what would you do all day long?
9. If you were the last human on Earth, what would you still do every day?
10. What activity always makes you lose track of time?
11. What activity gives you the most energy?
12. What brings you to life?
13. What could you talk about forever?
14. What things are you able to do, without even trying?
15. What do you like to do, just for the fun of it?
16. What do you love to do that (you can’t believe) people actually pay you money to do?
17. What do you love to talk about?
18. What do you most enjoy making?
19. What have you always found to be easy?
20. What is the one thing that people couldn’t pay you NOT to do?
21. What pictures or wallet items do you ALWAYS show to people?
22. What questions do you look forward to be asked?
23. When you don’t know what to do, what do you find yourself doing to find your way?
24. Why do you admire the people you admire?
25. You, yourself, are at your best when you’re acting HOW?
– – –